Embarking upon a software implementation project can be very challenging. Before a business can determine how it will advance its operation, it is necessary to understand exactly where the operation is today.
An Operation Assessment identifies the operational process and facility layout improvement opportunities that should be addressed prior to implementing a new software application. It focuses on maximizing space utilization, optimizing existing operations, identifying performance metrics and accommodating expected growth, providing a structured, analytical approach by comparing your processes to industry best practices and proven methodologies. The assessment involves identifying its purpose and objectives, gathering data by interviewing and observing your operation, analyzing the results and identifying where improvements can be made.
Our team will conduct an on-site evaluation of your operational processes and procedures, facility layout, item slotting and transportation functions, creating current and future process flows to aid in the business requirements definition process.4SIGHT's operation assessment involves asking critical questions, such as:
• What are the short and long-term strategic goals and objectives of your business?
• What are the functions of each of your logistics and operations processes?
• What is your order mix? Product mix?
• What are your current and expected volumes?
• What are your productivity objectives?
• What are your inventory goals?
• What are your inbound / outbound transportation trends?
The intent of our operation assessment is to compile a list of potential opportunities for improvement requiring minimal capital investment or extensive use of technology and establish the foundation for a successful software implementation project.