Omni-Channel Operations Analysis & Optimization
Embarking upon an omni-channel project can be very challenging. Before a business can determine how it will deploy an omni-channel strategy, it is necessary to understand exactly where the operation is today. You need to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve, what your current systems are capable of, and what your future goals are.
An Omni-Channel Operations Analysis identifies the operational processes, technology capabilities and improvement opportunities that should be addressed prior to implementing any new software application. It focuses on optimizing existing operations, identifying performance metrics and accommodating expected growth, providing a structured, analytical approach by comparing your processes to industry best practices and proven methodologies. The assessment involves identifying its purpose and objectives, gathering data by interviewing and observing your operations, analyzing the results and identifying where improvements can be made.
4SIGHT can show you where to begin, point the way to success, and make sure you get there. Our professionals have the operations, engineering and technology expertise – and real-world retail distribution experience – to help you:
- Ask the Right Questions
- Analyze and Prioritize Improvement Opportunities
- Build the Omni-Channel Roadmap
- Implement the Solutions
- Manage the Change
Our team will conduct an on-site evaluation of your omni-channel operational processes and procedures, IT infrastructure, and provide discovery documentation that can aid in the business requirements definition process prior to kicking off your omni-channel project. 4SIGHT's operation analysis involves asking critical questions, such as:
- What are the short and long-term strategic Ecommerce goals and objectives of your business?
- What are the functions of each of your logistics and IT operations processes that support Ecommerce?
- What IT systems are in place today? (i.e. POS, OMS, DOM, etc.)
- What is your order mix? Product mix? (For Ecommerce)
- What are your current and expected volumes?
- What are your productivity objectives?
- What are your inventory goals?
- What are your inbound / outbound transportation trends?
- What are your omni-channel trends?
- Do you have a web storefront presence today?
- How is your current website performing?
The intent of our omni-channel operation analysis is to compile a list of potential opportunities for improvement requiring minimal capital investment or extensive use of technology and establish the foundation for a successful omni-channel implementation.
The assessment will examine your Ecommerce operations, document short- and long-term goals and objectives, and prepare an action plan for moving forward. During the engagement, we will:
- Review the current warehouse operation and how Omni-Channel will be incorporated as part of the new expansion and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Feedback on any technology issues that should be considered within the context of the existing technology deployed.§
- Review the functional mission of each element of omni-channel operations.
- Review current and planned omni-channel strategy and identify opportunities for improvement including processes and procedures, current omni-channel software functionality, user interfaces, communications and workforce performance management.
- Lay the groundwork for gap analysis by reviewing current order fulfillment, inventory management and warehousing metrics.
- Prepare a report including our observations, recommendations and a “go-forward” action plan, schedule, pricing and expected benefits.
- Develop a list of assumptions, based on information gathered in the previous steps, to be used as guidelines for the engagement.
- Identify the changes / improvements required to improve the fulfillment operations, accommodate expected growth and implement potential improvements without compromising customer service.
- Prepare list of opportunities for improvement and classify by immediate (“low hanging fruit”), short and longer term
The proposed engagement permits 4SIGHT to not only prepare preliminary recommendations for your consideration, but also to collect the data required to properly scope and responsibly price follow-on project support. It also allows both parties to interact, assess the “fit” and reduce or eliminate downstream risk and surprises.
Because 4SIGHT does not sell or resell any products, nor accept any compensation from vendors, we are the objective and unbiased partner for our clients. Our focus is helping you understand your opportunities, prioritize them, and implement solutions that work now and in the future.